Friday 13 June 2008

Paul McCartney: 'I Want to Work With The Wombats'

Paul McCartneySir Paul McCartney has revealed he'd like to produce upcoming British rockers The Wombats.


The Beatles legend, 65, admits that he hasn't produced much music recently, and suggested his fellow Liverpudlians may not want to work with him.


He says, "I don't do much production now but it might be very tempting [to work with The Wombats]. I'm not sure they would want me.


"I had one of the guys from The Wombats in one of my classes. It was great. Now years later they're doing great."


Paul also revealed what current band he rates. "I like Radiohead - they're really cool," he said. "I think they're on it. Innovative.


"The Zutons, The Killers, The Wombats. There are a lot of good people around."


Paul is set to play alongside the Kaiser Chiefs and The Zutons at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium on June 1. The show is part of the celebrations for the city's status as European Capital Of Culture.


McCartney, who recently finalized his divorce from Heather Mills, explained he'll be performing the big hits, but revealed he's "got a couple of surprises for Liverpool".




See Also